Mentoring with Energy Privacy Notice
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before registering and using the Mentoring with Energy programme (the “Service”) operated by The Oil and Gas Technology Centre (“us”, “we”, “our” or “OGTC”).
- We are an online platform for professionals and students. People use this service to find and be found for mentoring opportunities. These Terms and Conditions applies to members and visitors using the Service and shall govern your use of our app.
- You agree that by ticking the box on this form/signing this form, accessing, registering or using the service that you are agreeing to the terms and conditions to use our service. If you do not agree with this contract, do not tick the box and do not access or otherwise use this service. If you wish to terminate this contract at any time, you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using this service.
- We can modify these terms and if we make material changes to it, we will provide notice through our Service, or by other means, to provide you the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective. If you object to any changes you may close your account.
- DATA WE COLLECT
- OGTC is a data controller of information given to us when you use our app and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with the following registration number: ZA222038
- OGTC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any data used in accordance with the Mentoring with Energy programme will be used in accordance with these Terms
- From time to time we may use your data to contact you to take part in our research in relation to projects or work themes. We may contact you by email or phone.
- Unless otherwise explained, we will hold your personal information for as long as we provide the Service to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us, and retention period in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- LEGAL DISCLOSURES
- It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal processes or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspecting or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (4) protect the security or integrity of our service, or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of Mentoring with Energy, our Members, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgement, unless prohibited by law or court order when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
- CHANGE IN CONTROL OR SALE
- We can share your data as part of a sale, merger or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. Any other entity which takes over us, or part of us will have the right to continue to use your data, but only in the manner set out in these terms unless you agree otherwise.
- VISIBLE INFORMATION
- As OGTC are required to prove the use and benefit of public money, we will use your information for analytical purposes and to improve our Service
Chronus Privacy Notice
Last Updated: May 08, 2019
Chronus LLC and its affiliates (“we” or “our”) partner with companies and organizations (collectively “Organizations”) to provide mentoring software (the “Services”) to individual users (“you”) at the instruction of their Organizations.
At Chronus, we value your privacy. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets out how your personal information may be collected or used by us in order to provide the Services. We recognize that privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and as such, we may update this Notice from time to time as we undertake new privacy practices.
This Notice is specific to the Chronus mentoring platform. The Services may include links or references to non-Chronus websites, services, materials, or entities (collectively “Third-Party Services”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to Third-Party Services. Third-Party Services are subject to their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review such policies prior to use of any Third-Party Services.
Chronus as the Data Processor: With respect to the Services, Chronus is a “data processor” under applicable privacy law. This means that when you use our Services, we are processing (using) your personal information at the instruction of your Organization, who determines the means and purposes of processing your personal information as the “data controller”. This Notice sets out our standard privacy practices for the Services. As the “data controller”, your Organization may instruct us to treat your personal information differently than described in this general Notice. Please reach out to your Organization for more information.
How we Process your Personal Information: We collect your personal information from your Organization or directly from you. In general, we collect your name, email and IP address in order to provide the Services, along with any additional personal information voluntarily provided by you or your Organization. We may also “passively” collect your personal information using various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and navigational data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs, etc.). We will only process your personal information for the purposes of providing you with the Services, or as otherwise instructed by your Organization or required by applicable law.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the provision and support of the Services on our behalf (“subprocessor”). We require our subprocessors to comply with all laws applicable to the security and processing of your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to governmental agencies and other third parties when required to do so by law. Unless otherwise instructed by your Organization, we (including our subprocessors) may process your personal information globally. Similarly, we (including our subprocessors) may transfer your personal information from the EEA to another country outside the EEA. We will comply with all applicable law relating to the processing and international transfer of personal information.
Security and Data Retention: To help protect the privacy of your personal information, we maintain appropriate and industry standard physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information. Where required by applicable law, we keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain your personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected and used your personal information and/or the laws applicable to your personal information.
COPPA Requirements: We do not direct or advertise the Services to individuals under the age of thirteen.
Data Subject Requests, Questions and Complaints: You may have additional “data subject rights” under applicable law (including, but not limited to the right to access and rectify your personal information associated with your use of the Services, the right to request that we erase, make portable or stop processing your personal information and the right to contact your data protection supervisory authority). As the data controller, your Organization is responsible for exercising these rights (should they apply). Please contact your Organization if you wish to learn more.
If you have any other questions or concerns related to how your Organization is processing your personal information, please contact your Organization. If you have questions or concerns related to how we at Chronus process your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com